The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) supports businesses that were open as usual, providing services in person to customers from their business premises, but which were then required to close for at least 3 weeks due to local lockdown and/or national restrictions imposed by government.
It is for businesses that pay business rates on their premises. Businesses that are required to close but do not pay business rates may be eligible for funding at the discretion of the local council, as may businesses not required to close but which are severely impacted.
The Local Restrictions Support Grants application process is now open. Eligible businesses can apply for the grants via Wakefield Council’s online application form. Businesses will be able to apply for all eligible grants in a single form, and receive all eligible grants in a single payment to cover the relevant periods. Businesses will only need to apply once via the online form.
Please note - if you are having trouble completing the form via mobile device please revert back to completing the application form via desktop application.
Businesses who occupy business premises can find out more about the Local Restrictions Grand Fund(s) and check the eligibility via the Wakefield First website (click here). We have also included Frequently Asked Questions supplied by Wakefield First - to view click here.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (businesses with rate relief may also be eligible)
- has been required to close because of the formal publication of local and/or national restrictions guidance that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September (Wakefield entered Tier 2 restrictions on 14 October, ahead of the national lockdown which came into force on 5 November)
- has been required to close for at least 3 weeks
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises, for example this could include non-essential retail, personal services or cafes/restaurants that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Eligible businesses will get one grant for each property liable for business rates within the lockdown zone.
Tier 2 grants
(For the period Wakefield moved into Tier 2, 14 October - 4 November)
Eligible businesses in the leisure, hospitality and accommodation sectors will receive the following:
- £15,000 rateable value or less, £934 per 28 day period
- £15,000 rateable value or over, £1,400 per 28 day period
- £51,000 rateable value or over, £2,100 per 28 day period
All values are based on the rateable value at the time restrictions commenced, and will be paid on a pro-rata basis for the period 14th October to 4th November.
Grants for national restrictions period
This is a mandatory grant for businesses that are legally required to close between 5th November 2020 to 2nd December 2020 (a list of businesses mandated to close can be found here).
Grant amounts are fixed and payable as a single payment to cover the 28 day period.
Eligible businesses will receive the following:
- £15,000 rateable value or less, £1,334 per four weeks
- £15,000 rateable value or over, £2,000 per four weeks
- £51,000 rateable value or over, £3,000 per four weeks
Grants for night time entertainment venues
From 1st November 2020, Businesses who have been forced to close since March 2020 will be eligible to receive grant support.
Eligible businesses are:
- Nightclubs, Dance Halls and Discotheques
- Sexual Entertainment Venues and Hostess Bars
The amount they will receive will be as follows:
- £15,000 rateable value or less, £667 per 14 days;
- £15,000 rateable value or over, £1000 per 14 days;
- £51,000 rateable value or over, £1500 per 14 days;
Payments will be made to eligible businesses within 10 working days or receiving the application and any supporting documents.
Who can I talk to?
We would encourage you to read the information above, and keep checking back here and the government website for more up to date information as this situation is constantly changing. If you still need to speak to a member of the Wakefield First team, email them on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, contact one of our team directly on 01924 306630.
You may receive a grant of up to £1,500 at the discretion of your local council if:
- your business is required to close but you do not pay business rates,
- if your business is not required to close, but has been severely affected, for example as a result of customer businesses being closed.
For further information and to apply for your Coronavirus Local Restrictions Support Grant contact the Wakefield First team on 01924 306630, or by e-mail to email@example.com